The main results of the study:
- As at 2017-2018 about 114 thousand students get higher education in Lviv.
- Of these: 79% of students study at higher educational institutions of III-IV accreditation levels, and 21% - of І-ІІ levels of accreditation.
- In the structure of higher education institutions of III-IV accreditation levels and by the number of graduates the first place was taken by economics specialties (20%, 24% for 2017), the second – engineering specialties (15%, 16% for 2017) and the third place was taken social specialties (14%, compared with 2017, it doubled - 2%).
- In the structure of higher educational institutions of I-II accreditation levels and by the number of graduates the first place is occupied by engineering specialties (30%, 27% for 2017), the second – medical specialties (16%), and the third – economics specialties (14%, which is twice less than in 2017 – 13%).
- Among those who graduated from higher educational institutions of III-IV accreditation levels 42% became Masters and Specialists, 58% – Bachelors.
- The number of international students in the city is 1677 people (it is almost 2% of the total number of students who study in HEE of III IV accreditation levels).
- The largest number of international students who study in Lviv is from Egypt (17%), India (15%), the Republic of Poland (12%), the Federal Republic of Nigeria (9%) & etc.
The study was conducted within the framework of monitoring the indicators of the implementation of the Integrated Development Strategy in Lviv until 2025 according to the methodology of the Municipal Institution City Institute.