The objective of the study is to identify the peculiarities of activity, cooperation and interaction of public associations’ activists with local self-government bodies. Interviewed: 170 respondents (online survey method) and 92 participants (focus groups research method) from Lviv, Rivne, Volyn, Chernivtsi, Ternopil, Zakarpattya and Ivano-Frankivsk regions.
The research main results:
- Almost every second (49%) activist knows about the cases when the government used public activists to achieve their own goals. Of these, 60% are men VS 37% are women.
- 82% of the polled believe that their community has a low level of residents’ participation in the activities of public associations.
- Almost a quarter of public associations (23%) helps ATO participants.
- Crowdfunding as a kind of financing is typical for 24% of public associations in Western region in Ukraine.
- 59% of activists cooperate with local self-government bodies from their localities. At the same time, 19% of activists cooperate with local self-government bodies from other localities.