Date: 27-28 March, 2014
Participants: more than 150 representatives of local self-governance administrations, well-known foreign and Ukrainian experts in city development and municipal policy. City mayors, experts, representatives of municipalities and executive bodies, representatives of foreign donors’ organizations and diplomatic institutions, NGOs and analytical centers as the representatives of state bodies participated in the panel discussions.
The aim of the Forum is to bring attention of foreign community and Ukrainian society to necessity of changing the local-self-governance development conditions, expansion of its powers. Participants discussed the situation in local self-governance for the last 5 years, as the cardinal decrease of local authority powers in the spheres of budgeting, city planning etc. during two days of the Forum.
Topics for panel discussions:
- Local Self-Governance reform;
- The role of civil society in local self-governance
- Forming and state support of economic policy of local self-governance
- Financial opportunities of local self-governance;
- E-governance and informational technologies development;
- Problems of implementing city planning policy by local self-governance bodies
- Ukrainian experience of implementing economic development
- Participants of citizens in solving local self-governance problems
- Transparency of local self-governance