The state policy of Ukraine in the area of local self-government is based on the interests of the inhabitants of territorial communities and envisages the decentralization of power - that is, transfer of a significant part of powers, resources, and responsibility from the executive branch of the government to the bodies of local self-government.
The main discussion topics:
1. Local self-government reform in Ukraine. Measuring results and predicted pace.
2. Presentation of the results of sociological research: Decentralization reform in Ukraine: public opinion.
3. How to convert decentralization to Improve Quality of Human Life in Territorial Communities?
4. Committee of The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on State Building, Regional Policy and Local Self-Government: Formation of urban agglomerations as a prospect of development of Ukrainian cities.
5. The next stage of decentralization: the reform of regional authorities in Ukraine/
Experts, leading public figures in local self-government reform and representatives of international partners, created the forum program.
Duration: two-day event March 14-15, 2019
Number of participants: up to 250 people