Higher Education in Lviv (2016-2017)
The research objective is to define the actual quantity of students in the Lviv higher education establishments; to identify the features of the graduate distribution according to specialities of an educational-proficiency of their higher education; to count the part of foreign students in the total quantity of all students.
All requests obtained from 24 universities/academies and 42 colleges.
- In 2016-2017, approximately 120 000 students are obtaining higher education in Lviv. In particular: 93 thousand of students study in Lviv universities/academies and 27 thousand of students study in Lviv colleges.
- According to quantity of students, which study in Lviv universities/academies, this year economics specializations got the first place in total qualification distribution (26%, in 2015 – 27%); engineer specializations got the second place (17%, in 2015 – 18%); law sciences (11%, in 2015 – 10%) and nature sciences (10%, in 2015 – 11%) obtained the third place in total qualification distribution of higher education.
- According to quantity of students, which study in Lviv colleges, this year engineer specializations got the first place in total qualification distribution (in 2015 – 37%, in 2016 – 36%), restaurant, hotel and toyrism business got the second place (hotel and restaurant business (this year the indicator increased doubly – nearly 22%); humanitarian sciences got the third place in total qualification distribution of higher education.
- 33 000 graduates received their degrees in Lviv higher education institutes. In particular: 43% of students obtained a master’s degree and 57% – a bachelor’s degree.
- 1530 students study in Lviv higher education establishments. Most of the foreign students are from Poland (17%), Egypt and Nigeria (15%), Morocco (8%).
The research was conducted as the main indicators monitoring within the Lviv Complex Development Strategy by 2025 using the City Institute methodology.
Implementation period:July, 2017